Essay Writing Competition
Lion Finance Zimbabwe, in collaboration with Global foundation of Public Speaking and The Sunday Mail is running an Essay Writing Competition for secondary school students as part of the bank’s activities to celebrate Global Money Week this year running under the theme ‘Money Matters Matter’. Global Money Week is an initiative of Child & Youth Finance International (CYFI) aimed at equipping children and youths economically and empower them to close inequality gaps for a brighter future. This year’s theme is Money Matters Matter because children and youth need to receive the knowledge and develop skills to make smart financial decisions. Lion Finance Zimbabwe’s role in promoting financial literacy in children and youths is reflected in its vision statement which reads as Transformation of lives through financial inclusion for sustainable growth. The bank is focusing not only on extending financial assistance to business people but also educating them on the importance of being financially literate. Part of the bank’s target market is supporting 30% of youths because they are the millennials who are stimulating a new movement of doing business through various entrepreneurial skills. Therefore, as we celebrate Global Money Week we take into cognizance the need to continuously support children and youths.
All you have to do:
1) Essays to be between 350 to 400 words.
2) All essays should be typed to ensure legibility
3) Essay should be sent to both Lion Finance and GFPS emails
4) Write an essay on how you think financial institutions can positively contribute towards financial inclusion in Zimbabwe.
5) The competition is open to students between the age of 13 and 19 years
6) Each student should include the name of their school, email , phone number, age, name and surname when they submit their essay.
Submission deadline is Friday 9 March and winners will be announced on the 18th of March 2018 with the winning essays being published the following week.